March 23, 2020
In the effort to curb the spread of COVID-19, the Brentwood Community Resource Centre is currently closed and we are temporarily suspending on-site programs.
Burnaby Seniors Outreach, Burnaby Meals on Wheels and Burnaby Community Services staff are working remotely and we are continuing to provide critical services to those in need.
Information on our Programs and Services
- Burnaby Seniors Outreach has postponed their Caregiver Expo until the fall. A new date will be announced as soon as possible. All of our programs, workshops, and support groups are on hold until further notice.
- Burnaby Meals on Wheels is providing regularly scheduled meal deliveries, however we are suggesting that clients order additional frozen meals in case of a reduction or suspension of service. We are taking necessary precautions to keep both our clients and volunteers safe.
- Our Seniors Transportation program is able to provide rides to essential doctor's appointments for registered clients only. Any doctor's appointment that can be conducted by phone should be done so to help reduce the transmission of this virus.
- Income Tax Clinics are postponed. Please call (604) 292-3902 on April 6th as we will reassess the situation at that time. The income tax filing deadline has been extended to June 1st, 2020. The Burnaby Recreation Credits program is suspended until further notice by the City of Burnaby. You can mail your application to us, however the city is not able to perform the final processing at this time. Currently, all City of Burnaby recreation facilities are closed.
- Poverty Law Advocacy is ongoing, with priority being given to emergencies. Face to face meetings have been suspended and email is the preferred method of communication at this time.
We encourage everyone to stay abreast of the evolving situation via these websites:
We will continue to monitor the situation and will provide updates on our website and social media channels as new information becomes available.
We look forward to re-opening our doors and continuing to serve the community in our regular capacity.
Thank you for your patience and support as we navigate this challenging time together.
#COVID19 #Bbyservices #burnaby
BC Expands 211 Hotline to Pair Seniors with Volunteers
You can now call 2-1-1 or visit www.bc211.ca if you are a senior in need, or would like to volunteer with a senior in your community to check in on them or help pick-up groceries/prescriptions. The helpline takes calls 7 days/week to help keep seniors safe.
To read more on what extra measures the BC Government is doing to help seniors and bolster seniors’ supports at community service agencies in the province click here.
Caregiver Expo 2020 Postponed!
Due to the public health and safety concerns related to the coronavirus, we will be postponing our Caregivers Expo that was to be held on March 28th.
Burnaby Seniors Outreach is committed to support the health and welfare of our clients, caregivers and health care workers, therefore we want to do everything we can to contain the spread of this virus.
Our aim is to reschedule the Caregivers Expo to the fall.